OMAHA, Neb. -- A 31-year-old man was sentenced to two and a half years in prison for failing to register as a sex offender. 

The Acting U.S. Attorney said that Sire English was sentenced on Friday in federal court in Omaha for failing to register as a sex offender pursuant to the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act. 

English was sentenced to prison for 30 months in the Bureau of Prisons. After his release from federal prison, English will start a five-year term of supervised release. There is no parole in the federal system. 

Court documents said that on March 18, 2012, English was convicted of child enticement in Iowa. 

English was sentenced to probation for two years, and afterwards he was required to register as a sex offender in any state that he lives in. This is required by federal law through the Sexual Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA).

Records that were obtained from the Iowa Sex Offender Registry showed that on Aug. 9, 2022, English had registered as a sex offender in Iowa and listed an address for a place in Council Bluffs. 

The court said that English was previously convicted of a SORNA felony in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska on Oct. 15, 2018. 

He had been sentenced to 15 months in prison and a five-year term of supervised release. 

On Oct. 13, 2022, English was arrested on a federal warrant for violating the conditions of his supervised release from the previous case. 

At the time of his arrest, English had been found by the U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) living at an address that was in Omaha. 

The USMS the confirmed, through more investigating, that English had been living in Omaha since Apr. 8, 2022, and had moved out of his registered address in Council Bluffs in December of 2021. 

The court said that English did not register or try to register, and he also didn't update his sex offender registration to show that he was living in Omaha in accordance to the requirements of SORNA between Apr. 8, 2022 and Oct. 18, 2022, when he was arrested. 

This case was investigated by the USMS.